Mining in Low-sec

This is the first blog post of the epic journey of becoming a low-sec miner in EVE-Online!

Who the hell mines in low-sec anyways? I guess my corp does. We are trying to make it work, but I can tell, there is going to be some uphill battles to fight. But first, let me show you what we have accomplished and what the hell we are trying to do.

Establishing the Corp

Well, you can't really get anyway without friends. At least, that's how I view it. One of the first objectives of getting out to low-sec was to find some people crazy enough to do it with you. This past week, I've done nothing but focus on recruitment for miners, hackers, and so forth. Thus far, I've got the corp up to almost 10 members. I hope in time, this will grow to at least 25 or more.

Mining


Establishing some approach to mining was the next steps. We have a base in high-sec to get people into the flow. Man, how weak mining in high-sec has become. Last time I mined in high-sec, it was 2004 and I just got into the game (Spoiler Alert: I am actually an old-school pirate). The ISK prices of ORE are so low right now and to be honest, I don't see how people are doing this still.

Moon Mining


Oh, man. When I read about moon mining and saw a YouTube video on it, I knew I had to give this a go. It seemed like the perfect venture for doing something in low-sec. Therefore, my first step into the low-sec mining space had to be with a moon mine. By the way, all the neat GIFs in this post are all by me and of my corp. The above shot is our first moon chunk slowly making its way to our structure after a good 24 hours of pulling.



CCP Games did a great job with this concept though. Setting up a structure, equipping a big ass mining laser to it, and then blasting the side of the moon was pretty awesome let alone the fact it pulls a large chunk of the moon after it blasts it towards your structure. I do hate this takes like at minimum, 6 days to fully pull the chunk to be mined, but the system design is truly bad ass for sure.

Gameplan

With the corp recruitment going, a high-sec operations going, and now a moon chunk slowly hurling its way towards our structure, the idea here is to make an effort to produce something from all of this. Maybe that's Tech II production being that's what the moon goo is used for or maybe that's just popping it on the market or maybe we just all die to the local pirates. I have no idea. But, thus far, it's been pretty fun getting established and trying to make this work.

Until next time, fly dangerously!

Comments