Returning To Low-Sec

 It's been awhile since I started this blog and tried mining. A lot of things have changed in EVE Online since my last post. Low-sec seems to have more updates, especially to industrial aspect of the game.

Since I've been back, I have already setup a new Athanor (refinery) in a low-sec system and got the moon mining activated on a base moon to setup my operations. I've adopted the Porpoise to my fleet and put a good focus on drone mining with a fleet of mining barges. So far, so good. Having a little more tanky mining fleet ship that focuses on mining, which contributes to the fleet op, has been great.

Propoise

The Fitting

This fitting has a passive tank mixed between shields and hull. It features two mining foreman bursts for the fleet boosts and industrial core and compressor. Armed with drone rigs and various drones for mining/defending, it's a great solo passive miner with a mix of fleet boosting at around 300M.



Ops

We already ran a few ops. Some successful, some ending it major losses. That's the price you pay for getting back into the game and relearning how to mine in a more dangerous place than high-sec. Many of the belts have mostly been fat with Kernite and with the anon's, there is a great deal of Jaspet out there for the taking with some occasional rarer ores and ice.



Compression Is Nice

Having the Propoise has added compression to the fleet in low-sec. This has helped a great deal with ensuring we are not using cans or doing indy hauls to and from the belt. We compress everything on the fly and able to keep our ore bays light in case we need to bounce quickly.


Defense

With the low-sec mining, we adopted more ECM tactics. Unfortunately, we suffered heavy losses with this approach. Mainly due to my human error managing multiple clients and not minding my aggression flags to redock. We had a Navy Issue Brutix swing in and the ECM defense of my combat pilot did successfully ECM jam the aggressor so we could all flee, but with the boosts still active, warping back to the refinery with aggressor flags and trying to figure out why I couldn't dock caused me to lose both ships in space. But, that's the price you sometimes pay with getting back into the swing of things.



Despite the heavy loss of around a billion+ because my ECM was faction fitted (old fit before ECM changes years ago that I never use), it did do it's job of getting everyone out the belt. Thus, I will look into a cheaper setup and follow the same ECM defense again with long-range defense to stifle warp scrams, webs, and so forth to get the fleet out on aggression from the locals.

Until next time! Fly safe!

Comments